And hello Everyone!!!


It's good to have you. get comfy. Imagine we're in the same room, imagine I'm handing you a cup of coffee, or a beer, or cigarette.
Or soft, fuzzy slippers.
Peruse. enjoy yourselves.
For a submissions and bi monthly mailings of the WWD tiny magazine send an email to worldwidedirt@gmail.com
Also Check out The Year That Everyone Died - Season 1- Rich and Free. Complete, in order, hyperlinked internet adventure.
Also check out the WWD reading series here.
Also check out the trailer for Heavy Hands here.
Also Check out the WWD ONLINE STORE
If you want, order a paperback copy of House Of Will on the left side of your screen. or download it digitally for FREE.

good to have you. Stay awhile.
love, world wide dirt

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

I Wrote My Name On It

(Me, a record, a turntable and my homie Wayne Coyne)

Photo by Erik Ljung

Here’s what’s happening.

I mean everything happening.

Sometimes, when I’m stomping around the office cursing because I wasn't paying attention in high school when Mrs. Jewwet (sp?) was teaching me photo shop, I just need to stop and remember that everything will be OK.

And it will be. Today starts the Heavy Hands Kickstarter Campaign. Woot Woot!

I feel really, really, really good about this project. I know that in the end it will be much more than I ever thought it could be. So there’s that.

Tonight Altos are having a listening party at Burnhearts (where I work) and Katie Rose is bar tending (and she’s awesome!) and then...

This coming saturday they are having their record release show (Stonefly Brewery March 10th 8 PM) where the album they created, where the music video I directed, “Sing (for trouble)” off their new album, will be premiering.

Altos’ album is amazing, as people - they are amazing, the rest of the lineup for the album release is amazing. (including the Larry Bird of storytelling, Jim Winship)

I’d like to say a lot of things about everyone in that band and everyone who helped on the music video and a lot of things right now but really, really, I’ve been sitting in front of a computer for a few weeks now and I just can’t put into words how I feel about anything.

I know working on this video and working on Heavy Hands and making all these new friends has been one of the best things in my entire life. So, there’s that.

When I was a kid my dad had a bunch of records in the basement. (this collection has since been pillaged by my brother, then by me) On the back of each record there would be a name. Nothing complicated, just a simple marking “Fil” or “Jon”, for “Phil”(my dad) and “John”(my uncle).

I’ve never been much of a collector. In fact, there are very few things that I carry from one destination to another. I usually just throw out what I don’t need and move on...I’m sure that says something about me - but let’s not get into it.

But the other day I stopped by dan’s house and he gave me a copy of the new Altos record and for the first time I found myself writing my own name on the back of something. Which, I guess, means it’s something I don’t want to lose - or throw away.

And I don’t.

So maybe, just maybe, this is the start of holding onto things for old Sean. Oh boy. Here we go.

KICKSTARTER (it has begun)

No comments: