And hello Everyone!!!


It's good to have you. get comfy. Imagine we're in the same room, imagine I'm handing you a cup of coffee, or a beer, or cigarette.
Or soft, fuzzy slippers.
Peruse. enjoy yourselves.
For a submissions and bi monthly mailings of the WWD tiny magazine send an email to worldwidedirt@gmail.com
Also Check out The Year That Everyone Died - Season 1- Rich and Free. Complete, in order, hyperlinked internet adventure.
Also check out the WWD reading series here.
Also check out the trailer for Heavy Hands here.
Also Check out the WWD ONLINE STORE
If you want, order a paperback copy of House Of Will on the left side of your screen. or download it digitally for FREE.

good to have you. Stay awhile.
love, world wide dirt

Sunday, May 30, 2010

One Week Later...




Jack entered the church and found all the people that meant the most to him in his life waiting there for him, and they were all having the same experience as him.  They were all hugging.  Jack and Sawyer hugged.  And when the church doors opened and Jack’s eye closed, my phone started vibrating.  Mach, Dustin and Seizer all texted me.  Sean and Hope called me.  Luther, Tess and I sat there in silence.  My dad asked me, “did it work?”  He’s a casual fan, has seen maybe four episodes of the show total.  He’s not asking if Jack’s plan worked or if Smokey’s plan worked.  He’s asking if the ending worked as an ending.  Some of my friends liked the ending a lot, some didn’t like it a lot but the thing is, one of the cool things about Lost I didn’t realize until the end is that it was something I shared with many of the people who are important to me.  I experienced a similar moment of unexpected connection in my life at the same moment that Jack did on the show.  And just like Jack, it was hard for me to let go.  I told my friends, and they all agreed, that I didn’t want to talk about it, though I’d been expecting to jabberjaw all night with them about it.  It was something I had to process and then let go.  And that, frankly, is a sign that the finale was also much more powerful than I had anticipated.  I was literally in another state for an hour afterward, happy to be sharing this moment with people I love, sitting silently on my futon with a smile on my face and not even paying attention to the 10 o’clock news on the TV.

No comments: